Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

A penguin goes to college

Over the past months, I have departed from the usual genetic algorithms theme of this blog to report on my elder son's search for a college (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, and here). The long march of the penguin through childhood is over (see here to see a sample of the penguin's writing and here for a comic sample), and tomorrow he leaves the nest and goes off to the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University and the Public Affairs Residential College to seek his fame and fortune.

As an engineer, I'm supposed to be a dispassionate observer and designer, but as a father penguin, I must confess that I will miss this bird. Before leaving he penned a new cartoon for NU, something having to do with a baby wildcat and a penguin. Keep an eye on The Daily Northwestern for his byline.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?