Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Some photos from Reykjavik

Following Dave's suggestion, I'm posting some photos from Reykjavik, capital of Iceland, where PPSN 2006 was held. Iceland has about the same area as Portugal but with a population of only 300.000 people, which gives the lowest population density (2.7/km^2) for a european country.
About 2/3 of the population lives in or around Reykjavik.

Since I spent most of my time at Reykjavik, I only have photos from there, but Kumara and Pier-Luca have really nice photos of some great Icelandic landscapes. I hope they post some of them.

City Hall at Tjornin lake:


Tjornin lake:


The Sun Voyager by Jon Gunnar Arnason:


Laugavegur street (downtown main street):


Hallgrimskirkja church:


Reykjavik from Hallgrimskirkja church tower:



Blue Lagoon:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?