Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Red wine and genetic algorithms

I was tooling around the blogosphere with Technorati and I came across a list of papers on Dr. Susanna Buratti's blog. One particular paper was near and dear to my heart (palette??):

S. Buratti, D. Ballabio, S. Benedetti, M.S. Cosio. Prediction of Italian red wine sensorial descriptors from electronic nose, electronic tongue and spectrophotometric measurements by means of Genetic Algorithms regression models. In pubblicazione su Food Chemistry (2005), Submitted.

Simply put, Dr. Buratti has been using advanced sensor technology and genetic algorithms to make better red wines. Now, who can say that genetic algorithms have not led to anything useful?


Comments:
I'm always glad to see other people who have their own blogs about wine or beer. I am a big wine fan myself, and maintain my own wine blog at www.pinotgris.net
Stop by and check out my blog, and keep up the good work!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?