Wednesday, January 26, 2005

 

Marketing, interactive GAs, and the company that broke my heart

Matt Syrett's article about using interactive GAs for web placement design reminds me how cool I think interactive GAs are. Ever since Dawkins famous Blind Watchmaker code, and Caldwell and Johnston's Faceprints work at ICGA 91, the idea of having user-driven subjective functions in place of predetermined objective functions has opened the door to evolving art, music, poetry, and more. Of course, a lot of water has passed over the iGA dam since the early days, and for those interested in a fairly recent update on the state of interactive evolutionary computation, I recommend Hideyuki Takagi's article.

Over a number of years, I've followed research in iGAs and some time ago, I started to collect information about market research and product development with the idea of founding a company to do just that using interactive GA technology. My dreams of a great startup were dashed one semester when during my genetic algorithms course, some students researching their class project uncovered a company that was already vigorously pursuing interactive GAs in marketing applications. That company, Affinova, has married iGAs and practical market research and product development notions to create a unique line of products and services. Subsequently I met company executive Rob Frasca in another context, and got the chance to tell him how Affinova was the company that broke my entrepreneurial heart. For those interested in a nice case study of marrying GAs and business read the Affinova white paper here.

Comments:
I also understand that Icosystems is applying iGAs to a number of fields, including fashion design. Beyond Affinova, MEMS designers, and Icosystems, are there any other companies using iGA?
--Brian Cabezud
cabezud@wharton.upenn.edu
 
Why would you want to email marketing service your business hare at email marketing service"\? With all the good ebook here you can't good wrong.
 
Enjoyed your blog.
Please visit
Advanced Business Marketing

And leave your comment.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free site Free Article Search. It pretty much covers author happy prince related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Found a lot of useful info on your site about Product Development - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a Product Development blog myself if you'd like to stop by
 
Great site about affordable web site development Keep up the good work! website design bathurst
 
Good Marketing information.

Advanced Business Marketing

More business marketing information you can use.
 
I really like your blog. I just bookmarked it. My site is related to internet marketing services. It is really about ##KEYWORD## and more.
 
Hello,

I think your blog visitors would like to see my site vector marketing at:
Click For My vector marketing Site

Thank you -vector marketingvector marketingvector marketing
 
Great Blog
For More Marketing Secrets

Advanced Business Marketing

 
I just searched "spanking blog" on Google and found your blog.
It is very interesting, keep up the good work.

I think it would be a great asset to my newBlog Directory. Its good for your search rankings and Its free and only takes a few minutes to fill out.

If you like I can add it for you, just visit the site and click the contact button, I don't want to post my email address in your comments, you know how fast spammers pick up stuff like that.

If you could give me a link on your blog to my directory I will give you a featured listing.

William MacDonald
spanking blog
 
Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!
 
and other sites for well over 5 years.
 
For the best in free music mixing software visit online stores for DVD Software Players that offer quality audio playback on the PC.
 
the World Wide Web is home to a great number of marketing opportunities that you could avail of,
 
marketing article
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a email marketing uk site/blog. It pretty much covers email marketing uk related stuff. Plus you can advertise to billions using our email marketing uk tools.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.
 
self help credit repair MyOpp is the first portal to activate a complete portfolio of income streams with one click!self help credit repair
 
I really enjoyed you blog about mineral use. If you would like to learn How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site
Without Paying A Dime In advertising !

Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site?

If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my
hands on the most hidden secrets... very sneaky tricks !

Click here : mineral use
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?