Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Live from GECCO-IX: Building block in GP?

Today I was chairing GA-7 session, and one of the paper quickly drew my attention. The paper is entitled "Schema disruption in tree-structured chromosome" by William Greene. Basically, it's a sequel of his paper in GECCO 2004: "Schema disruption in chromosomes that are structured as binary trees." I suspect some theories that he developed can be borrowed to say something about building blocks in genetic programming, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to say if there's any connection or not. Maybe Kumara can see some connections?

Comments:
Building Blocks in GP. Hmm, there are some claims that BBH is not the most suitable way to explain the progress of a GA. So, I think that is very strange to carry this (mis?)concept to GP, wich is another kind of EA and needs to be understand from its own logic. But... anyway.

[]´s

Marcelo (a.k.a Nosophorus)
 
Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue
 
I have Blog build in GP and I am very happy with it.You should try.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?