Tuesday, April 19, 2005

 

GAs for macro cell placement

Bob Wall at CS 580 - Computational Science Blog refers his students to Genetic Algorithm for Cell Placement. In this paper, Henrik Esbensen of Aarhus University informs the reader of the popular role of simulated annealing for cell placement in VLSI layouts. When this paper was written GAs had been used elsewhere in cell placement but not for macro cell placement. This is yet another interesting and efficient application of GAs to circuits. Thanks Bob for pointing this out.

As a side note, what a good idea to use a blog for class communication. Easy to setup and good for guided discussions. See David Goldberg's earlier post about corporate vs. academic blogging.

Comments:
I just came across your blog about belgium blogging and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about belgium blogging so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?