Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

Presentations beyond bullet points

Franz Dill's blog about Powerpoint presentations should be of interest to academic victims of Powerpoint as well:
I am just starting Cliff Atkinson's book: Beyond Bullet Points. For some of you who have read my writings in Future Now, you will recall I am a long suffering corporate victim of Powerpoint, so I am looking forward to this book.

See also, Atkinson's blog Beyond Bullets, which always has some fascinating information on visual communications.
In his blog, Atkinson links to a short review of his work "Five Ways to Reduce PowerPoint Overload", which might be of interest to IlliGAL Blogging readers.

On the lighter side, here is Franz Dill's link to Lincoln's Gettysburg address in Powerpint.

Comments:
On this topic, I would recommend Edward Tufte's
"The Cognitive Style of Powerpoint."
In this little pamphlet Tufte talks about the Gettysburg address presentation and a critical analysis of some powerpoint presentations directed to NASA officials who had to make critical decisions about the shuttle Columbia after it was hit by debris shortly after takeoff.

While you're at it take a look at Tufte's books and learn to design graphs and tables (I've been copying the design of the table in page 16 of the PP pamphlet in many of my own papers).
 
website design bathurst I like your blog a lot. Lots better than most I've seen!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?